What are the alternative approaches for managing projects?
Advanced Project Management
Participants should complete ‘Fundamentals of Project Management’ course or equivalent.
After the completion of the course you will be able to:
· Recognize alternative methods of accelerating projects, including their benefits and drawbacks.
· Understand how to schedule resources to time-constrained and resource-constraint projects.
· Use Earned Value Analysis to assist project monitoring and evaluation.
· Understand why Agile Project Management was developed and its advantages in planning for certain types of projects
· Differentiate classical approach to project management and PRINCE 2
· Distinguish among four main forms of project termination.
· Understand key reasons for early termination of projects.
· MS Project as affective software in planning and scheduling projects
Based on “Fundamentals of Project Management”, current course will concentrate on resource scheduling, resource management, monitoring and controlling the project and project termination and closeout. In recent years two developments in project planning and scheduling have led to some important improvement in how to deliver projects: Agile Project Management and PRINCE 2. Agile has become widely employed, particularly in the software and new product development industries, as a means for better linking project development with critical stakeholders, including customers and top management. PRINCE 2 is a flexible method that guides you through the essentials for managing successful projects, regardless of type or scale. Built upon seven principles, themes and processes, PRINCE2 can be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
· Project Scheduling (3 hours)
· Resource Management (2 hours)
· Project Evaluation and Control (3 hours)
· Agile Project Management (3 hours)
· PRINCE 2 (2 hours)
· Project Closeout and Termination (3 hours)
· Tutorial for MS Project 2013 (4 hours)
Methods and Media
· Interactive lectures and seminars with use of real life examples.
· PPP presentations.
· Case studies.
· Computer Lab sessions: MS Project software
Max. number of participants
THE CACTLE ROOM at WIUT, ATB Blue Room or IB101