Why project management is important?
Fundamentals of Project Management
After the completion of the course you will be able to:
· Understand why project management is becoming powerful and popular practice in business.
· Prepare Project Scope.
· Construct a Work Breakdown Structure, Gantt Chart and Network diagram for a project.
· Understand different concepts of project’s success.
· Identify the key roles and traits of effective project leader.
· Recognize main stages in project risk management and the steps necessary to manage risk
· Apply common forms of cost estimation for project work, including ballpark estimates (top-down) and definitive (bottom-up) estimates.
Project management has become central to operations in industries as diverse as construction and information technology, architecture and hospitality, and engineering and new product development. Projects are one of the principal means by which we change our world. Whether the goal is to split the atom, tunnel under the English Channel, introduce Windows 9, or plan the next Summer Olympic Games, the means through which to achieve these challenges remains the same: project management. Project management has become one of the most popular tools for organizations, achieve technological breakthroughs, streamline new product development, and more robustly manage the challenges arising from the business environment. Project management has become a critical component of success business operations in worldwide organizations.
· Introduction to Project Management (3 hours)
· Project Planning I (3 hours)
· Project Planning II (3 hours)
· Project Risk Management (3 hours)
· Leadership and Team Building I (3 hours)
· Leadership and Team Building II (3 hours)
· Practicum (2 hours)
Methods and Media
· Interactive lectures and seminars with use of real life examples.
· PPP presentations.
· Case studies.
Max. number of participants
THE CACTLE ROOM at WIUT, ATB Blue Room or IB101